Homebuilders can learn more about building science and green building technologies from CertainTeed at the 2011 International Builders' Show in Orlando, Fla. Certaineed, a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, the world's largest building products company, is one of hundreds of companies exhibiting at the show, designed to educate the home building industry on the latest trends, techniques and products.
Throughout the show, CertainTeed's building science team is leading 30-minute educational sessions, which include: Moisture and Mold Prevention in Wall Assemblies; Sustainability and the National Green Building Standard; and, Selling Energy Efficiency. Each session includes dedicated time for questions from attendees and aligns with the company's newly created building science portal.
Products that will be showcased at the CertainTeed exhibit include:
- AirRenew is a ground-breaking gypsum board that actively removes volatile organic compounds (VOC), specifically formaldehyde and aldehydes, from air circulating indoors for up to 75 years.
- The Hybrid Insulation System combines three of CertainTeed's innovative insulation products to create a cost-effective way to provide a thermally superior airtight seal around the home. The system uses CertaSpray Closed Cell Foam Insulation, OPTIMA Blow-In Insulation and MemBrain Smart Vapor Retarder & Air Barrier Film.
- EnerGen Photovoltaic Solar Power Roofing System — Featuring integrated UNI-SOLAR thin-film laminates, EnerGen seamlessly integrates with traditional asphalt roofing shingles. The system's lightweight design requires no rooftop penetrations, making it easier for contractors to install while maintaining roof deck integrity.
- CertaWrap Weather Resistant Barrier serves as the primary line of defense against the elements during construction and a secondary water barrier after the cladding is installed. Applied prior to exterior cladding, CertaWrap provides superior water holdout, inhibits the growth of mold and will not disintegrate over time.
- Designed to prevent energy loss along uninsulated concrete slab edges, the EnergyEdge foundation system consists of PVC rails, snap-on braces and expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation.
- SilentFX Gypsum Board, featuring Green Glue and M2Tech technology, is a noise-reducing gypsum board specifically designed for systems requiring high STC ratings where acoustic management is needed.
- Highland Slate roofing shingles combine the classic look of slate roofing with an unparalleled selection of vibrant color blends at an affordable value.
Reinforced with embedded glass mats for added strength and moisture and mold resistance,
- Diamondback Tile Backer is a high-performance tile backer that features an industry-first bonding technology that makes tile installation simpler, faster and less costly.
- Made with recycled and renewable content including a plant-based binder, sustainable insulation is proven and reliable fiberglass technology with no formaldehydes, dyes, or acrylics added.
- Backed by the industry-leading 10-year stain and fade resistance Warranty, EverNew LT cellular PVC decking is now available in two new colors: Spanish cedar, emulating the look of Western red cedar, and Jatoba, offering the look of exotic look of Brazilian cherry.
Let us know what new green building products pique your interest. Drop us a note on Twitter, Facebook, or the comment section.