Behind Closed Doors: Survey Takes A Fresh Look At What Your Fridge Says About You
Photo via LE Electronics.
According to a new nationwide survey, consumers are putting their best food forward for a healthier lifestyle, including keeping dairy products (61 percent) and fruits and vegetables (55 percent) in the front of their refrigerator.
When it comes to junk food, the survey also found that Americans are almost twice more likely to store it in the back of the fridge than in the front.
That's some of the surprising new data home appliance manufacturer LG Electronics found in a recent survey about America's at-home appliance behaviors, showing that there's more than meets the eye when it comes to the refrigerator.
Empowering consumers in an age of healthier food habits, LG recently launched its LG InstaView™ refrigerator line up – the first innovation to let users simply knock twice to illuminate the door's sleek glass panel to see what's inside without opening the refrigerator. To further encourage food organization, the lineup also includes LG's award-winning Door-in-Door technology, giving consumers easy access to healthy beverages and snacks without having to open the entire door. Not only do these technologies help Americans put their best food forward, but the Door-in-Door with the ColdSaver Panel significantly reduces cold air loss, helping to keep food fresher, longer.
"Simple changes in behaviors, like stocking healthy foods front and center in your fridge, can make healthier choices simpler," said David VanderWaal, vice president of marketing, LG Electronics USA. "With LG InstaView refrigerators, users need only to knock twice to see inside, helping encourage consumers to put their 'best food forward' for a healthier lifestyle."
Additional key findings on consumer behaviors uncovered by survey include:
- You Are What You Eat: More than half of Americans can judge how healthy someone is by looking inside their refrigerator, with almost half of American's predicting how often homeowners eat out.
- A Window into Your Personality: 34 percent believe they can tell how clean someone keeps the rest of their house by looking in their fridge, while nearly three in ten can determine someone's personality traits or that person's relationship status.
- Dressing to Impress: One in four Americans will "dress up" their refrigerators to make it look full and healthier than it normally does when they know they'll have guests coming over. As a guest in someone's home, more than 82 percent of Americans base their opinion of someone after examining their refrigerator.
LG InstaView technology can be found in more than a dozen models with different configurations, styles and in both stainless steel and black stainless steel finishes across a variety of price points. With options including Side-By-Side, French 3-Door and 4-Door models, consumers can find the LG InstaView Door-in-Door refrigerator that fits their kitchen perfectly.
Additional LG InstaView features include:
- Black Stainless Steel Finish Option: Its warm, satin-smooth and sophisticated finish is also fingerprint and smudge resistant, making it easier than ever to have a premium kitchen that is effortless to maintain. It features a timeless aesthetic that seamlessly complements a range of kitchen design styles and colors.
- Energy Efficiency: Nearly all models are ENERGY STAR certified, meaning they are 20 percent more efficient than the federal minimum energy standard.
- Extend Food Freshness: LG Door-in-Door with the ColdSaver Panel significantly reduces cold air loss by keeping it where it matters most — on the inside. More cold air means more peace of mind that food can stay fresher for longer.
Read more about energy-efficient home appliances.