STEP Joists™ Under Floor Radiant Heating System | Heated Floors for Existing Homes
STEP Joists™ under floor radiant heating is designed to provide radiant heat to existing floors by accessing the floor joists from below. This element can be ordered without slots and can be stapled or nailed for easy installation.
STEP Joists™ radiant heating offers a retrofit solution that can be used as primary or supplementary heating. The heating element can be installed under most floor coverings, including tile, stone, wood, laminate and carpet. For whole-house heating, a heat loss calculation is required.
After stapling the radiant heating elements between the floor joists and making the electrical connections, insulation is installed underneath the heating element. The insulation enhances the energy efficiency by minimizing heat loss and directing the warmth upwards through the floor.
Features of the STEP Joists™ Radiant Heating System:
- STEP Joists™ is available in 12" (30 cm) or 9" (22.9 cm) width
- Strong, thin and flexible element
- Designed to provide even and comfortable warmth in a home
- Install elements below existing floor between the joists without tearing up existing floor
- Elements can be stapled and nailed through for easy installation
- Operates on 24 volts (AC/DC); Connect to a power supply, solar or wind power
- Compatible with any floor covering including, tile, stone, wood, laminate, resilient and carpet.
- Self-regulating; As the material gets warmer, less electricity passes through the plastic – therefore it is extremely energy-efficient
- Easy to install; cut elements to size on the job site, staple or nail elements underneath existing floor between the joists, connect wires to power supply and elements and install proper installation underneath
- Maintenance-free when installed and does not require a utility room or dangerous storage of fuel or gas
|Visit the Company Website||Insights: Free Download|
Products and Services
|STEP Residential™ is a 12" (30cm) wide radiant heating element designed to provide healthy, even and comfortable warmth in a home. This heating element is ideal for both new construction and renovation. Learn more »|