Five new connected home products make home upkeep easier
Five affordable connected products designed to protect the home and garage, provide peace-of-mind, and save time, energy and money from the Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands are coming to market.
"The Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands are part of the fabric of American homes," said Tom Park, president of Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands at Sears Holdings. "Our members rely on our products' quality and performance not only in their daily lives, but for years to come. We're excited to unveil these new, connected products designed to meet the needs of the modern homeowner, making home management easier and more cost-effective."
Kenmore Elite 8,000 BTU Smart Room Air Conditioner:The Kenmore Elite Smart Room Air Conditioner offers a stylish new design that allows members to cool their homes from almost anywhere using the Kenmore AC app.
With wireless accessibility from a smartphone or tablet, users can:
- Control on the go: Remotely turn product on and off, set a schedule or adjust temperature while away.
- Conserve energy: Smart technology provides the ability to run only when needed, saving energy and money.
Kenmore Smart Water Heater Module: The Kenmore Smart Water Heater Module allows members to connect to select new and existing Kenmore and Kenmore Elite Water Heaters to monitor and adjust home water temperature and usage.
The Kenmore Smart Control app will assist users with:
- Energy savings: Save energy and money on hot water generation by adjusting the temperature setting on the water heater when away from home.
- Water monitoring: View available hot water levels to monitor how much hot water is left.
Kenmore Elite Smart Hybrid Water Softener: The Kenmore Elite Smart Hybrid Water Softener allows homeowners to monitor salt levels and water usage remotely to prevent wasted resources.
This water softener connects to the Kenmore Smart Control app to help users:
- Manage salt levels: Monitor the inner salt supply and eliminate the surprise of an unexpected need for replenishment.
- Water flow rate monitoring: Keep informed on water flow rate, current day water usage and average daily water usage to easily identify excessive usage and unexpected continuous water flow.
Wireless-enabled Craftsman Zero Turn Steerable Riding Mower:The Craftsman Zero Turn Steerable Riding Mowers are designed for ease of use, especially when mowing large yards with obstacles.
These wireless-enabled riding mowers connect with a smartphone or tablet via the new Craftsman Connect app to help riders in the following ways:
- Maintenance checks: Notification alerts members when it's time to change the oil, replace the air filter, check blades and wheel alignment, schedule maintenance, and more.
- Product care: View do-it-yourself maintenance videos and step-by-step tutorials on changing blades, replacing the air filter and changing oil.
22 HP V-Twin 42-in. Zero Turn Steerable Riding Mower: $2,799
23 HP V-Twin 50-in. Zero Turn Steerable Riding Mower: $3,199
DieHard Smart Charger and Maintainer: The DieHard Smart Charger and Maintainer allows members to monitor their motorcycle, car or boat's battery health remotely, all with their smart phone or tablet. Equipped with auto voltage detection, members can now use one DieHard Smart Charger and Maintainer for 6-volt and 12-volt batteries.
- Stay charged: Automatically keeps batteries fully charged and maintained at all times.
- Digital Scrolling Display: An alphanumeric display guides members through the charging process eliminating the guesswork.