Hot new products: International Builders' Show preview
Marvin's Multi Slide Door.
The focus of the residential and commercial building industry once again turns toward Las Vegas for the 2015 International Builders Show.
Hundreds of companies will exhibit their products for thousands of building professionals at what has become Design & Construction week Jan. 19-23, 2015.
2014 was the first time year The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) co-located in Las Vegas. With over a combined 1,700 exhibitors IBS and the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS), the first annual Design & Construction Week delivered an amazing experience for over 75,000 attendees from across the globe.
Here's a preview of some of the products and building technology that will be on display:
To demonstrate the benefits and uses of the Boral TruExterior Trim and Siding products, master carpenter Mike Sloggatt of the Katz Roadshow will offer in-booth training demonstrations. Sloggatt will detail the products’ workability, durability, and dimensional stability while offering tips and techniques to improve overall workmanship. Along with its full line of Boral TruExterior® Trim, Boral will feature its new Boral TruExterior™ Siding Craftsman Collection™ profiles –five new bold full-thickness profiles that mimic the aesthetic of traditional wood siding.
Boral’s mortarless stone veneer, Boral Versetta Stone, will be featured in a hands-on installation exhibit. Installers will demonstrate the product’s “no mortar, no mason, no mess” system on a prefabricated wall structure located in the booth.
As part of the product showcase, Boral will unveil three new products to its Cultured Stone® by Boral® line of manufactured stone veneer. A product favorite among builders, Cultured Stone veneer captures the beauty of natural stone while being easier, cleaner and faster to install.
Boral Roofing will give a sneak peak of the new California color offering entitled the Gemstone Collection. The concrete roof tile Gemstone Collection includes six new blended palettes derived from earthy southwestern hues and designed with subtle shifts of rich color that converge into flawlessly balanced configurations.
Among the new products that Marvin Windows and Doors will be showcasing at IBS:
- Ultimate Clad Multi-Slide Door – The latest addition to Marvin's popular Scenic Doors line, this stunning door is available in large sizes with standard widths up to 50' wide and 12 feet tall, offering a beautiful new way to bring the outdoors in.
- Next Generation Ultimate Double Hung – The Next Generation Ultimate Double Hung is a reinvention of a classic – a traditional-looking window that's deceptively modern, combining state-of-the-art technology with Marvin's American craftsmanship.
New from Integrity Windows and Doors:
- 4 Panel Sliding French Door – Bringing together the beauty of wood and the strength of Ultrex fiberglass in the largest Integrity door yet, the 4 Panel Sliding French Door answers the need for whole-house Integrity projects and provides a perfect solution for those who seek a strong, tough door but also crave expansive views. It is available in standard and special sizes up to 8' tall by 16' wide, and there are a wide variety of options available.
- Wood-Ultrex Insert Replacement Casement and Awning windows – These windows combine tough fiberglass exteriors with warm wood interiors, providing an all-new option for those who want Integrity's pioneering casement and awning windows in an insert replacement application.
Nuheatcontinues to bring the Internet of Things into the radiant floor heating industry with the release of the Next Generation of Thermostats.
SIGNATURE – control your floor heat anytime, anywhere; the first and ONLY Wi-Fi controlled thermostat for floor heating complete with weather updates, energy monitoring, and remote access via free smartphone apps (iOS and Android) or a web browser
HOME – floor heating in high resolution; with the 7-day programmable, 3.5” color touchscreen display, and sleek acrylic design element – radiant heating made simple; featuring simple “up” and “down” temperature
Dacor®, a manufacturer of ultra-premium kitchen appliances, will showcase a voice activation feature with its line of smart kitchen appliances as well as the introduction of Fully Integrated Refrigeration.
Starting spring 2015, Dacor will enable customers to use smart phones or tablets to remotely control their Discovery iQ cooking appliances without even lifting a finger – literally. This new feature allows customers to control their smart appliances by voice command through the Dacor iQ Remote App, from anywhere they are connected. This elevates the level of remote convenience for the home chef. Whether entertaining outdoors, serving appetizers to guests, or running late from the office, Dacor customers can now control their iQ products conveniently and hands-free.
Bosch: With the launch of a new line of compact appliances for small spaces, including laundry units, both 18" and 24" dishwashers, Bosch home appliances, the premier European kitchen design brand, now offers a wider selection of products for everyone and every home. The universal design of the Bosch line makes them applicable for every kitchen, no matter the size, from small spaces to the great room.
Thermador: Thermador, a leader in luxury kitchens designed for the culinary enthusiast, introduced a new 30-inch professional style range with innovative features that provide more design possibilities.
Gaggenau: Gaggenau brings professional grade appliances into sophisticated home kitchens around the world with products, like the new 400 series speed microwave oven with an automatic door opening function and a new, handle-less dishwasher with push-to-open technology.
CertainTeedwill also be unveiling new products, including:
- Presidio Metal Roofing – Mimicking the authentic appearance of wood shake and Spanish barrel tile, combined with cool roof technology.
- CertaSpray X Open Cell Spray Foam Insulation – A one-step application ignition barrier protection that easily meets building code requirements in attics and crawlspaces—on time and on budget. The newest offering complements a wall-to-wall system product portfolio for complete comfort.
New American Home: The home demonstrates how the most cutting-edge building technology, products and materials can be integrated into a production-home community. Co-produced with Hanley Wood’s BUILDER Magazine, The New American Home 2015 has a production floor plan that feels like a unique custom-built home. The four-bedroom, 5,891-square-foot desert contemporary home, built and designed by Las Vegas builder Blue Heron, presents a collection of takeaway ideas for production builders for every price point. TNAH 2015 looks like a custom home but can be rolled into mass production quickly and efficiently.
Western Window Systems unveiled its new Series 3600 vinyl multi-slide door which will be available to production builders through the company's Volume Program. The door features a low .30 U-value for enhanced energy efficiency, reduced SHGC (Solar Heat Gain Coefficient) for blocking radiant heat energy, dual-pane, argon-filled, low-E glass featuring warm edge thermoplastic spacer (TPS) technology and heavy-duty stainless steel hardware.
Read more about building green.
Topics: Appliances, Bathroom, Building Green, Connected Homes / Smart Homes, Doors, Energy Star, Exteriors, Heating & Cooling, Radiant Heat, Roofing, Sustainability Trends & Statistics, Trade Show, Washers & Dryers, Windows