The 10 trendiest options in sustainable bath tile décor
When you decorate your bathroom, you want to remain eco-friendly without compromising style and class. Luckily, there are a variety of products currently on the market that will allow you to create any style that you like without compromising the eco-friendly nature of your decor. You want to make a difference for the environment and live in a home that is trendy, and with these ten options, you can do exactly that.
1. Recycled glass tiles are great for tiling a shower wall or adding a gorgeous accent to your bathroom. While they're more fragile than many other types of tile, recycled glass tile presents a limitless range of possibilities for decorating your bathroom.
2. Stone tiles are the most unique type of tile you'll find. No two are exactly the same, so you'll be able to create a unique effect that can be found only in your bathroom. This versatile product is currently increasing swiftly in popularity.
3. Cork tile has a wonderfully soft feel under your feet. That makes it a fantastic choice for use in your bathroom, where you'll often go to relax after a long day. In addition, cork is hypoallergenic and has antimicrobial properties that will prove of great benefit in your bathroom.
4. Concrete tiles are one of the most durable products on the market. Concrete allows for a wide variety of stains, colors, and designs while providing a long-lasting product that will likely last for the lifespan of your home.
5. Bamboo is a highly renewable resource--one of the most eco-friendly types of wood available. A bamboo plant reaches full maturity in as little as three years, making it an ideal product for anyone who is determined to create a sustainable home. Bamboo floors are often designed much like hardwood floors and have similar properties.
6. Rubber tile is a wonderful substance that naturally reduces slips and skids--and important consideration in a room that is often wet. In addition, rubber is easy to clean and provides a soft, comfortable surface for standing.
7. Natural linoleum floors--which are not to be confused with vinyl tiles--are easy to clean, durable, and come in a variety of designs to allow you to create the unique bathroom you're hoping for.
8. Leather flooring is a perfect option in many luxurious homes. Since it conducts neither heat nor cold, it provides a comfortable temperature year-round. Leather might not hold up as well in a bathroom as other tile options.
9. Reclaimed hardwood in your bathroom takes existing materials and uses them to create something beautiful. Reclaimed wood often has its own unique story to tell, allowing you to make your bathroom a warm haven unlike any other.
10. Ceramic hardwood tiles are just as beautiful as traditional hardwood, but with the ease and convenience of tile. These tiles can also go almost anywhere and will hold up better in the bathroom than real wood floors.
If you're looking for an eco-friendly option for decorating your bathroom, these ten options are a great place to start. Whether you're looking for a warm, comfortable floor that will ease your feet after a long day or a gorgeous, flashy style that will appeal to all your guests, there's a green tile option on the market for you. Decorating your bathroom is a great place to start making eco-friendly changes to your home.