Great Green Home | 19th Avenue by TC Legend Homes
When a net-zero-energy home can be built at a cost on par with traditional construction, everyone wins. TC Legend Homes is helping to usher in a new era of green construction in which home owners don’t have to choose between cutting-edge efficiency and staying on budget.
One way TC Legend Homes is achieving net zero is by building to the high performance criteria of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Zero Energy Ready Home program. DOE has honored the builder with four Housing Innovation Awards since 2013, including a grand award in 2014 in the affordable category and a 2016 award in the custom home category. The 2016 award-winner is a two-story, 2,463-ft² home located next to another TC Legend Home on an urban infill lot in Seattle.
Read more about this home by clicking on the images below.
- Name: 19th Avenue
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Layout: 4 bdrm, 2.5 bath, 2 fl, 2,463 ft2
- Climate Zone: IECC 4C, marine
- Completion: May 2016
- Category: Custom for buyer
Modeled Performance Data:
- HERS Index: without PV 44, with PV -2
- Projected Annual Energy Costs: without PV $1,053, with PV $25
- Projected Annual Energy Cost Savings (vs home built to 2012 IECC): without PV $811, with PV $1,889
- Projected Annual Energy Savings: without PV 9,453 kWh, with PV 20,993 kWh
- Added Construction Cost: without PV $0
Companies: U.S. Department of Energy