Great Green Home | Dominica Way by Amaris Homes
When you think of home building in the “land of 10,000 lakes,” water conservation may not be the first thing that comes to mind, but for the home buyers of this award-winning custom home, who were recent transplants from drought-stricken California, water conservation was near the top of the list of must-haves, along with energy efficiency. The home buyers were delighted to find Amaris Homes, a fore-runner in energy efficient construction in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. Amaris Homes, operated by home builder Raymond Pruban, has built ten homes certified to the U.S. Department of Energy’s Zero Energy Ready Home criteria including Housing Innovation Award winning homes in 2015 and 2016.
Amaris built this home in Apple Valley, Minnesota, to meet the criteria of DOE Zero Energy Ready program, as well as all of the stringent watersaving requirements of the EPA’s WaterSense. The home was also certified for LEED for Homes at the platinum level. Click on the pictures below to learn more about the home.
- Name: Dominica Way
- Location: Apple Valley, MN
- Layout: 4 bedroom, 4 bath, 2 fl + bsmt, 3,716 ft2
- Climate: IECC 6A, Cold
- Completion: June 2015
- Category: Custom for Buyer
Modeled Performance Data:
- HERS Index: without PV 46, with PV 13
- Projected Annual Energy Costs: without PV $2,163, with PV $736
- Projected Annual Energy Cost Savings: (vs home built to 2006 IECC): without PV $1,270, with PV $1,891
- Projected Annual Energy Savings: without PV 9,910 kWh, 407 therms, with PV 30,572 kWh, 570 therms
- Added Construction Cost: without PV 5%, with PV $29,295
Companies: U.S. Department of Energy