Great Green Home | Eco 3 Greenfill by BrightLeaf Homes
March 31, 2017
Attention to detail has helped BrightLeaf Homes turn standard building materials and a straightforward design into an extremely high-performing home at a remarkably competitive price.
BrightLeaf has won their second straight Housing Innovation Award from the U.S. Department of Energy for a DOE Zero Energy Ready certified home in LaGrange, Illinois, that earned a Home Energy Rating System (HERS) score of 36. To achieve this exceptional performance, BrightLeaf followed the same DOE Zero Energy Ready Home recipe they have followed on five previous certified homes. All DOE Zero Energy Ready Homes must be certified to ENERGY STAR Certified Homes Version 3.0 and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Indoor airPLUS.
Read more about this home by clicking on the images below.
- Name:Eco 3 Greenfill
- Location: LaGrange, IL
- Layout: 5 bdrm, 3.5 bath, 2 fl + bsmt, 4,608 ft2
- Climate Zone: IECC 5A, cold
- Completion: June 2016
- Category: Custom
Modeled Performance Data:
- HERS Index: without PV 36, with PV 26
- Projected Annual Energy Costs: without PV $1,750, with PV $1,316
- Projected Annual Energy Cost Savings (vs home built to 2015 IECC): with PV $2,889
- Projected Annual Energy Savings: with PV 273 MMBtu
- Added Construction Cost: with PV $18,000
The images and information in this gallery were provided by the U.S. Department of Energy. See more great green homes like this one at the DOE Tour of Zero.
Topics: Building Green, GREAT GREEN HOMES
Companies: U.S. Department of Energy