Great Green Home | Emerald Star by Dwell Development
Dwell Development of Seattle has built the “Emerald City’s” first Emerald Star home. Emerald Star is the highest honor given by the regional Built Green program, and an impressive achievement for the home which was also designated a 2016 U.S. Department of Energy Zero Energy Ready Home Housing Innovation Award winner. The home is Dwell’s third home to be certified to the DOE program although, according to founder Anthony Maschmedt, Dwell has built over 100 homes, duplexes, or townhomes that meet the program criteria.
Explore and read more about this home by clicking on the images below.
- Name: Lake Knowles
- Location: Winter Park, FL
- Layout: 5 bdrm, 4 bath, 2 fl, 3,912 ft2
- Climate Zone: IECC 2A, hot-humid
- Completion: Fall 2015
- Category: Custom for buyer
Modeled Performance Data:
- HERS Index: without PV 60, with PV 5
- Projected Annual Energy Costs: without PV $2,258, with PV $610
- Projected Annual Energy Cost Savings (vs home built to 2012 IECC): without PV $1,191, with PV $2,851
- Projected Annual Energy Savings: without PV 9,925 kWh, with PV 23,764 kWh
- Added Construction Cost: without PV $0
Companies: U.S. Department of Energy