Great Green Home | Hyland Village by Thrive Home Builders
Teaming with the U.S. Department of Energy has been a successful partnership for Denver-based production builder Thrive Home Builders. The builder signed on to DOE’s Zero Energy Ready Home program in 2013 and has certified 197 single- and multi-family homes to the program’s high-performance specifications (as of 12/2016). In 2014, Thrive committed to certifying all of its homes to the DOE program specifications. The builder expected to close on 220 homes in 2016 and plans to complete 240 homes in 2017. Thrive has brought a lot of attention to zero energy construction for production homes, both locally and nationally. Thrive’s CEO Gene Myers is a vocal advocate for the DOE Zero Energy Ready Home program and speaks on zero energy construction at regional and national building conferences.
Thrive Home Builders won a DOE 2016 Housing Innovation Award for a production home it constructed at Hyland Village. The 3,322-ft² two-story plus basement home was the first of 84 homes Thrive built in the 151-unit development. Read more about this home by clicking on the images below.
- Name: Hyland Village
- Location: Westminster, CO
- Layout: 4 bdrm, 3.5 bath, 2 fl + bsmt, 3,322 ft2
- Climate Zone: IECC 5B, cold
- Completion: June 2015
- Category: Production
Modeled Performance Data:
- HERS Index: without PV 39, with PV 28
- Projected Annual Energy Costs: without PV $1,312, with PV $903
- Projected Annual Energy Cost Savings (vs home built to 2009 IECC): without PV $1,404, with PV $1,644
- Projected Annual Energy Savings: without PV 7,271 kWh, 416 therms, with PV 10,869 kWh, 416 therms
- Added Construction Cost: without PV $12,690, with PV $20,406
Companies: U.S. Department of Energy