Great Green Home | Revive North Star Plan by Philgreen Construction
Negative is a positive at the REVIVE Fort Collins development where Philgreen Construction is building homes that are so energy efficient they have negative utility bills. These homes are earning money rather than costing money to operate. Philgreen’s North Star model, a 2-story, 1,770-ft² home, won a 2016 Housing Innovation Award from the U.S. Department of Energy. The home is one of 55 solar-powered, ground-source heat pump-heated homes being built by Philgreen Construction at the REVIVE Fort Collins development located in an urban renewal district near Old Town Fort Collins, Colorado. All 55 units, including 37 townhomes and 18 single-family homes with attached apartments, will be certified to the requirements of the DOE Zero Energy Ready Home program.
Philgreen Construction is the lead building contractor on the project and is one of a team of partners including designers, utility engineers, and energy modelers assembled by the owners, REVIVE Properties, LLC, with the goal of making REVIVE Fort Collins “the greenest development in Colorado.” One of the townhomes also won a 2016 DOE Housing Innovation Award. The North Star model home was also selected as the “Best Green Home” in the North Colorado Home Builders Association’s 2015 Street of Dreams.
Read more about this home by clicking on the images below.
- Name: REVIVE North Star Plan
- Location: Fort Collins, CO
- Layout: 3 bdrm, 2.5 bath, 2 fl, 1,770 ft2
- Climate Zone: IECC 5B, cold
- Completion: September 2016
- Category: Production
Modeled Performance Data:
- HERS Index: without PV 42, with PV -9
- Projected Annual Energy Costs: without PV $860, with PV -$146
- Projected Annual Energy Cost Savings (vs home built to 2012 IECC): without PV $1,063, with PV $2,070
- Projected Annual Energy Savings: without PV 11,654 kWh, with PV 24,093 kWh
- Added Construction Cost: without PV $0, with PV $8,300
Companies: U.S. Department of Energy