Great Green Home | The Aspen by Charis Homes
Charis Homes built this 4,734-square-foot custom home in North Canton, Ohio, to the high performance criteria of the U.S. Department of Energy Zero Energy Ready Home (ZERH) program.
Explore and read more about this home by clicking on the images below.
“The biggest reward of building to the DOE ZERH standards is the performance of the home and the satisfaction of the home owner, who is living in a healthier, more efficient home.”
– Glenna Wilson, Builder, Charis Homes
- Layout:3 bdrm, 2 bath, 1 fl + bsmt, 4,734 ft2
- Climate:IECC 5A, cold
- Completed:September 2016
- Category:Custom spec
Modeled Performance Data:
- HERS Index:without PV 36
- Projected Annual Energy Costs:without PV $2,050
- Projected Annual Energy Cost Savings: (vs typical new homes) without PV $1,150
- Annual Energy Savings: without PV 6,500 kWh, 125 MCF
Companies: U.S. Department of Energy