Great Green Home | The Depot Neighborhood by Habitat for Humanity
The Habitat for Humanity, Grand Traverse Region has an inspiring vision for its new Depot Neighborhood begun in Traverse City, Michigan, in May 2014 - to build each of the community’s 10 single-family homes to be truly affordable homes that harvest and produce all the energy they need over the course of a year, with the goal of eliminating home owner energy bills forever. To meet this goal, the Habitat affiliate decided to certify all 10 of the homes to the strict energy performance requirements of the U.S. Department of Energy’s DOE Zero Energy Ready Home (ZERH) program.
Explore and read more about this home by clicking on the images below.
- Name: The Depot Neighborhood
- Location: Traverse City, MI
- Layout: 3 bdrm, 2 bath, 2 fl, 1,352 ft2
- Climate Zone: IECC 6A, cold
- Completion: November 2014
- Category: Affordable
Modeled Performance Data:
- HERS Index: without PV 36, with PV -1
- Projected Annual Energy Costs: without PV $1,002, with PV $106
- Projected Annual Energy Cost Savings (vs home built to 2009 IECC): without PV $119, with PV $896
- Projected Annual Energy Savings: without PV 34.7 MMBtu, with PV 4.2 MMBtu
- Added Construction Cost: without PV $0, with PV $18,000
Companies: U.S. Department of Energy