Great Green Home | United Veterans Beacon House by United Way of Long Island
Feb. 17, 2017
United Way built this 1,890-square-foot home in Deer Park, Long Island, New York, to the performance criteria of the DOE Zero Energy Ready Home (ZERH) program. The United Way home’s average projected utility bills will be less than $60 a month thanks to a solar photovoltaic system and a high-performance building envelope. It was awarded 'Grand Winner for Innovation in Affordable Homes' from the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Housing Innovation Awards. Click on the images below to read more about this home.
Key Features of this Great Green Home:
- High-performance insulation system for enhanced quiet and comfort
- Comprehensive draft protection
- Fresh air system for cleaner, healthier indoor air
- High-efficiency comfort system
- High-efficiency appliances and advanced lighting technology for energy and water savings
The images and information in this gallery were provided by the U.S. Department of Energy. See more great green homes like this one at the DOE Tour of Zero.
Topics: GREAT GREEN HOMES
Companies: U.S. Department of Energy