LG Electronics Leads with Four Appliance Design 2015 Excellence in Design Awards
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. — LG Electronics has earned four Appliance Design 2015 Excellence in Design Awards, two Gold and two Silver awards, across multiple home appliance and air conditioning categories.
Appliance Design's Excellence in Design awards recognize outstanding achievements in innovation, design and functionality. A prestigious panel of judges from respected industry associations selects entries from 10 categories for innovation, simplicity, functionality and other considerations including optimized capabilities, environmental footprint, and energy- and cost-savings.
“We found LG’s impressive technologies coupled with sophisticated, streamlined aesthetics across its product line-up to be clear winners for both LG and our readers,” said Darryl Seland, editorial director of Appliance Design. “The design of these products make them user-friendly for consumers while also distinguishing them from other offerings on the market.”
LG earned distinctions in the highly competitive Major Appliances, Small Appliances and HVAC categories:
- Gold Award: LG Large Capacity Counter-Depth Door-in-Door® Side-By-Side Refrigerator. This refrigerator offers a sleek and modern look, incorporating clean lines with contoured doors and hidden hinges. It incorporates Door-in-Door technology first pioneered by LG and is the first side-by-side model available in the United States with this innovative feature. It allows quick and easy access to beverages and snacks via a magnetically sealed section on the right refrigerator door that releases and allows access to a built-in door without having to open the entire refrigerator. The Door-in-Door compartment on this refrigerator also reduces cold air loss by up to 47 percent* to help preserve food freshness while conserving energy. (Model LSC22991ST)
- Silver Award: LG 4-Door French Door Refrigerator with CustomChill™ Drawer. In addition to LG’s Door-in-Door technology, this ENERGY STAR® certified refrigerator features the CustomChill drawer, located between the refrigerator and freezer which provides additional refrigerator or soft-freezer space with four temperature settings. This provides added convenience and flexible storage solutions for the entire family. (Model LMXS30776S)
- Silver Award: LG Over-the-Range Microwave Oven. This microwave oven offers the benefit of LG’s proprietary EasyClean® technology, which allows for quick and easy cleaning with the simple wipe of a damp cloth (no harsh chemicals or scrubbing necessary). It also features the industry’s first ExtendaVent™ 2.0 feature, which provides more powerful and complete ventilation to capture more smoke and cooking smells over virtually the entire cooktop. (Model LMHM2237ST)
- Gold Award: LG Smart AC Module. LG Electronics’ Smart AC Module allows users to remotely control their LG duct-free air conditioning system to ensure that, whether at home or away, their home stays at the desired temperature. When paired with the free LG Smart AC mobile app, the module communicates with the indoor unit to control various functions, such as temperature, fan speed and air flow. The module is easy to install and provides convenience, personalized comfort and potential energy savings for homeowners. The LG Smart AC app is also compatible with both Android and iOS mobile devices.
“It’s a great honor for LG to be recognized with these prestigious awards for a second straight year,” said David VanderWaal, vice president of marketing for LG Electronics USA. “The distinctions reinforce our commitment to providing consumers with sophisticated home appliance technology that not only looks great in the home but also saves them time, energy and money.”
Kevin McNamara, vice president, commercial air conditioning, LG Electronics USA, said, “Earning the 2015 Gold Excellence in Design Award for our advanced control solution reinforces LG’s innovation leadership in the U.S., led by LG’s super efficient VRF (variable refrigerant flow) systems that are redefining the U.S. HVAC market.”
For more information on LG’s full line-up of home appliances and air solutions, please visit www.LG.com.
* Percent reduction in exchange rate of air between opening the door-in-door compared to one French Door for 10 seconds. Results based on testing of comparable model with same LG® Door-in-Door™ design. Results may vary by models and the duration of time the door remains open.
Companies: LG HVAC