Sliding doors blend indoor and outdoor living without compromise
Homeowners want to blur the lines between indoor and outdoor living, but large sliding doors have not always been the most energy-efficient option.
At the 2015 International Builders' Show, Christine Marvin, director of marketing for Marvin Doors and Windows, demonstrated the new Ultimate Clad Multi-Slide Door.
Designed with narrow stiles and rails for maximum daylight openings and views, Marvin’s Ultimate Clad Multi-Slide Door is as smooth to operate as it is dramatic to behold. Available in large sizes with standard widths up to 50’ wide and 12’ tall, this door comes in a variety of configurations that include pocket door panels that disappear completely into the wall or a stacked-panel configuration.
Additionally, customers can choose to have up to six panels in a uni-directional configuration or up to 10 panels in a bi-directional configuration, offering the ultimate in design flexibility and unbelievable, wide- open views.
Another unique feature of Marvin’s Multi-Slide door is that even with its larger sizes, the stiles and rails of the Multi-Slide door do not differ based on width or height, offering complete design consistency. Furthermore, stainless steel wheels minimize users’ effort when operating the door, making for an easy, smooth experience, no matter the number of panels or size of the door.
Other unique features of the Multi-Slide door include:
- A flush sill that not only provides a seamless transition between indoors and out, but also meets ADA threshold criteria, making it an attractive choice for those who want to embrace universal design principles in their home.
- Pull-and-Latch-style hardware that is recessed into the door panels, providing a comfortable grip and sleek look. This carefully selected hardware is perfect for today’s design preferences with square corners and minimal edges.
- Multi-point lock that, when closed, adds extra security by locking the door in two places.
- Easy installation for your building professional, because the Multi-Slide door consists of a modular frame that snaps together on-site and features drop-in panels.
- Whole-house solutions, because the Multi-Slide door is available in a variety of finishes, wood species and styles, meaning you can now order a complete, matching window and door package for your home.
Marvin’s new Ultimate Clad Multi-Slide Door will be available summer 2015.
Read more about energy-efficient windows and doors.
Companies: Marvin Windows and Doors
Each home in the Latitude project was designed to provide a low-maintenance, energy-efficient lifestyle.
One of the key energy-efficiency strategies for the Proud Green Home of Louisville is the use of geothermal heating and cooling.
Sponsored by: Enertech Global, LLC
The owner needed solar panels that could stand up to New England winters.
Self-cleaning technology, automation remove contaminants, extend life of HVAC units
Lux's Kono technology automatically adjusts for optimal comfort, savings
The Proud Green Home of Louisville uses whole-home water filtration to provide fresh water to every fixture and appliance.
Sponsored by: Environmental Water Systems
All unit components designed to be removed in less than 10 minutes
Aesthetics only part of appeal of Johnson Controls' newest product
Solution design focuses on positive up-front, back-end financial impact
Samsung anticipates technology to be game-changer
Technology gives HVAC units 'mind of its own'
Improving efficiency, occupant comfort key as building envelopes tighten
The system provides 100 percent heating capacity down to -5 degrees Fahrenheit, for customers in the colder climates of North America.
Though the floor plan is compact, homeowners of the Saltbox won't have to sacrifice having friends over or entertaining.