Financing Solar Energy Systems: A Federal Overview
The Borrower’s Guide to Financing Solar Energy provides information for lenders and consumers in financing solar systems, including thermal and photovoltaic systems. These systems convert the sun's energy into electricity or heat, saving money and resources in the long run, but they require special - often expensive - equipment up front. This guide outlines financial resources available to offset some of those costs, including:
- Fannie Mae Corp.
- The Federal Home Mortgage Loan Corporation ("Freddie Mac")
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture
- The U.S. Department of Energy
- The U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- The U.S. Small Business Administration
Find out which program best suits you if you're interested in incorporating energy-efficient solar energy sources.