Finishing the Home Interior
Finishing the interior of a new home to meet green building objectives involves installing energy and water efficient appliances, and using non-toxic paints and sealants for walls, woodwork, floors and cabinets. Additionally, recycled products should be used whenever possible to conserve natural resources.
Download this fact sheet to learn about:
- Identifying energy and water efficient appliances and plumbing fixtures
- Choosing and applying low-VOC paint and adhesives
- Choosing natural flooring products or those with high recycled content
- Identifying and implementing formaldehyde-free cabinetry
- Benefits and challenges of using green finishing touches