Green Home Remodel: Healthy Homes for a Healthy Environment - Bath and Laundry
A bath remodel is one of the most expensive upgrades you can make to your home on a per-square-foot basis. A laundry space can range from its own room to a closet tucked into another room. Both provide significant opportunities when it comes to green remodeling.
A green remodel can help you realize many benefits from a single smart design. With careful planning, you can create an environment that combines beauty, efficiency, comfort and convenience with health and conservation.
Download this guide as a staring point for your bath or laundry room remodel to help you learn about:
- Focusing on long-term savings, ease of maintenance, and conservation rather than initial price
- Beneftis of universal design
- Environmental preference for wall tile and tips for easy maintenance
- Toxicity of caulking materials
- Options for bathtub and sink refinishing
- Water efficient toilets, showerheads and faucets
- Options for flooring replacement
- Energy efficient lighting, hot water heating, and laundry appliances