Green Home Remodel: Healthy Homes for a Healthy Environment - Kitchen
A kitchen remodel can be complicated and expensive, but fortunately there are ways to reduce both the cost and complexity while increasing the room's environmental efficiency and performance.
A green remodel can help you realize many benefits from a single smart design. With careful planning, you can create a living space that combines beauty, efficiency, comfort and convenience with health and conservation.
This guide can serve as a starting point for your remodel to help you assess your design in terms of:
- Toxicity of materials and finishes
- Safety of kitchen layout
- Maintainability of kitchen surfaces
- Usefulness of kitchen design
- Efficiency of appliances and fixtures
- Appeal of overall environment
- Durability of materials
- Ecological benefit of materials used