HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) Pipe
Used since the 1950's, HDPE pipe has demonstrated its effectiveness for all piping applications and is rapidly gaining market share for potable water, sewer, conduit and ducting, DWV (drain, waste and vent,) agriculture, and ground drainage uses.
HDPE pipe is durable, virtually leak-free, corrosion resistant, and ductile. Its greater resilience and flexibility make it resistant to surges, damage from digging, and shifting soils during earthquakes. HDPE pipe is also a good green choice.
Download this fact sheet from Build It Green to learn about the following benefits of using HDPE pipe over other options:
- No dioxin produced in manufacture
- High abrasion and chemical resistance
- Less susceptible to surge shocks
- Seamless joint connections
- Potentially contributes to obtaining credits in the LEED certification program