Natural Linoleum Flooring
Once the predominant flooring choice, natural linoleum had been largely displaced by vinyl flooring. Due to its many environmental and performance advantages as well as its attractive, vibrant appearance, natural linoleum is making a comeback.
Linoleum is a natural, durable, resilient flooring product made from linseed oil, pine resin, wood flour, cork powder, limestone dust, natural pigments, and jute. Natural linoleum can be used anywhere a resilient floor is needed.
Download this fact sheet from Build It Green to examine the following benefits of natural linoleum:
- Made of natural ingredients
- Offgassing from natural oils
- Renewable and biodegradable
- Durable and self-healing
- Easily maintained
- Inherently anti-static
- 30-40 year lifespan
- Comparable in price to high-end vinyl flooring
- Potentially contributes to obtaining credits in the LEED certification program