Selecting a Site for Your Passive Solar Home
The best passive solar house plan will not work unless it is placed properly on a building site. Similarly, a lot with superior solar access provides little advantage unless the building placed on it is designed and oriented to take advantage of the solar potential.
Good solar homes only reach their potential when the house plan and building lot are properly integrated to create a successful solar house.
Download this fact sheet to learn about building a passive solar home. Questions addressed include:
- What is a passive solar home?
- What is the solar access zone?
- what makes a good solar site?
- What about easements and covenants?
- How do I find a solar building lot?