Small Wind Electric Systems: A U.S. Consumer's Guide
Wind energy systems are one of the most cost-effective home-based renewable energy systems. There are many factors to consider before implementing a wind turbine system, however, including whether or not there is enough wind in your region and whether or not you have enough space. This consumer's guide offers answers to many FAQs about wind energy, including:
- How to determine if wind energy is an appropriate energy source for you
- What size system is appropriate
- How much energy does a system generate
- How to choose the best site for a wind turbine
- Connecting a wind turbine to the utility grid
Depending on your wind resource, a small wind energy system can lower your electricity bill by up to 90 percent. Find out more about this clean energy option.