Summer Shading and Exterior Insulation for North Carolina Windows
The same windows that provide a view, natural lighting, and ventilation may be adding to your home's winter heating and summer cooling costs. A well-insulated window will never be as efficient as a well-insulated wall, but you can upgrade the energy performance of that window in various ways.
Download this fact sheet to learn about how to make your existing windows more energy efficient. Topics discussed include:
- How the window orientation affects its energy gain or loss and what to do about it
- Inspecting, evaluating, and inventoring your windows
- Evaluating and comparing add-on window energy products
- Exterior options to reduce winter heat losses
- Exterior options to reduce summer heat gains