Sustainable Communities: Building for the Future of the Greater Richmond Region
Businesses, citizens, and political leaders are increasingly recognizing the need to adopt a less costly, more environmentally sound approach to development than the sprawling, auto-dependent pattern of recent years. A more sustainable development approach emphasizes well-designed mixed use, walkable communities that better integrate where we live, work, and shop.
Download this white paper to learn about sustainable community development in Richmond Virginia, as well as priniciples that can be applied across the country. Topics discussed include:
- Trends and changes driving the need for sustainable development
- Policy initiatives to promote sustainable communities
- Environmental impacts of conventional growth patterns
- Budgetary, environmental, and quality of life benefits of sustainable communities
- Steps to developing sustainable communities